Before carrying out the treatment to be applied, at Gross Dentistas we have the latest technology to study each case in detail: with the aid of iTero™ intraoral scanner, which can take up to 1,000 photographs per second to make a virtual model of the mouth. This is remarkably close to the final result and allows us to know how the patient will evolve and in what time-frame.
The best treatment to get the perfect smile
What treatments do we offer?
We offer different treatments for dental aesthetics
When the tooth is healthy and its aesthetics can be improved, the preferred solution is the use of veneers. At Gross Dentistas we use ceramic veneers or, for a better result, composite veneers.
At Gross Dentistas we treat teeth when they need clinical treatment, but we also work for improving dental aesthetics, since it provides patients with better self-esteem, and that has positive effects on our health. That is why we have the best teeth whitening machine on the market.
Don't wait any longer
Contact doctor Concha Gross and tell her your case. We will advise you on the orthodontics that best suit your child
How do I know which treatment is best for me?
At Gross Dentistas, our specialist in aesthetics assesses the general situation of the patient and explains the way in which their smile can be improved. Aesthetic treatments have to be very well planned and may require additional treatments such as Orthodontics, Implantology or Periodontology.
Once all questions have been answered, a photographic session is usually carried out and the mouth is measured for obtaining a mold of the same. Then, the laboratory prepares a proposal for the new smile,“diagnostic wax-up” that allows the patient to see the final result of the treatment in a provisional way, without pain and without touching any teeth. This is called a”Mock-up“.
Frequently asked questions about Dental Veneers and Teeth Whitening
Dental veneers are personalized thin sheets that cover the front part of the anterior teeth, their function is to improve the smile by correcting color, shape, size and position. They can be an alternative to orthodontics (slight changes) or even an aesthetic improvement after said treatment.
They are indicated in:
1. Fractured, small or short teeth.
2. Moderately crooked teeth.
3. Teeth with gaps (separation between teeth).
4. Worn by bruxism or erosion.
5. Discolored or stained teeth.
There are two types depending on the material used:
- Similar to a filling, they are made of aesthetic resins
- They are done by the dentist on site
- Direct placement on the tooth with little or no carving
- They solve minor aesthetic problems
- Easy installation and repair
- One or two visits required
- More economical
- They need some maintenance of color and polish as needed
- Before and after with composite veneers
- Similar to a crown
- Manufactured in the laboratory
- Cemented on the tooth, they usually require more carving
- Solve more serious aesthetic problems
- hard to repair
- More visits
- More expensive
- More durable, better preserve color and shine
- Before and after with ceramic veneers
Tooth whitening is the application of a whitening agent on the tooth, being a simple and non-aggressive method. It is important to do it under the supervision of a professional since he has control of the material, avoiding damage to the tooth tissues.
Teeth whitening begins with color registration and making a custom tray to be used at home in combination with in-office whitening.
- In consultation, the protection of the patient’s lips, gums, tongue and eyes is started and then the bleaching agent (hydrogen peroxide 30-35%) is applied for about 10-15 minutes and 4-5 applications are made, it is activated in each application the bleaching agent with photoactive techniques such as diode lamps or UVA lamps, to finish the bleaching agent will be removed and a dental polishing will be done, insisting to the patient that in the subsequent 24 hours they should not eat acidic foods or foods that stain the teeth. teeth and no smoking. The results obtained after the treatment in consultation are immediate, it will be necessary to wait 15 days to repeat the application in consultation.
- In combination with the previously explained technique, at home it will be done to reinforce, by means of a personalized splint. Carbamide peroxide at 10% will be used, a drop the size of a grain of rice will be placed on the vestibular surface of each tooth and positioned in the mouth and well adapted against the teeth and left overnight if possible. Repeat the process at home for 3-4 weeks until you get the desired results.
Dental veneers are one of the treatments par excellence within dental aesthetics. With them we achieve an improvement in both the anatomy, color, texture and shape of our teeth.
We can distinguish between two types: composite veneers and porcelain or ceramic veneers. There are several differences between the two and it will be the dentist who advises the patient on which is the most appropriate depending on the case.
The price of both treatments, therefore, will also have its differences. It will be necessary to assess the work in the clinic, the type of material and the need for the intervention of the prosthesis laboratory, which will make the price of porcelain veneers higher.
Tooth whitening is a treatment that improves aesthetics. The cost of teeth whitening will depend, therefore, on the type of treatment that we follow. To achieve a whiter color in our teeth there are several treatment options, both clinical and home.
The technique that is carried out exclusively at home is the simplest, since the gel or whitening substance is applied to a splint or cover in the shape of our teeth and is left to act for a number of hours. Hence, it is the cheapest option, since it is the simplest.
On the other hand, the techniques that are started in the clinic should be continued later at home. The first application will be carried out together with a photoactivation lamp, which will be completed with applications in a splint at home, to reinforce and maintain the whitening effect.
At this point we can distinguish between doing it with a conventional lamp or with the best option on the market, which we have available at Gross Dentistas. Philips Zoom whitening uses LED light technology to deliver the best results in the shortest possible time. In addition, with Philips Zoom it is possible to regulate the intensity of the light, making the treatment even more personalized according to the needs of the patient. This option also allows dental sensitivity after treatment to be practically non-existent.
Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime
If you need more information, at Gross Dentistas we will be happy to help you. At our clinic in Málaga, the Gross team will examine your case and make a diagnosis of what the best strategy to solve your problem is.