Performing a daily habit of exhaustive oral hygiene is essential to maintain proper oral health free of bacteria. It is recommended to brush your teeth at least three times a day, after each meal and for a duration of two minutes.
However, sometimes food remains between the teeth, producing tartar or bacterial plaque. Eliminating them is necessary and to do it correctly it is advisable to use dental floss.
In addition, if we incorporate the use of a dental irrigator into oral cleaning, the result will be much more successful and excellent for the health of our mouth.
At Gross Dentistas we want to emphasize the need to acquire a daily habit of correct and adequate oral hygiene. For this reason, we want to dedicate this article to the importance of using a dental irrigator.
What is a dental irrigator?
Although most of you probably know what a dental irrigator is, we want to clarify its meaning for those who do not know.
A dental irrigator is an oral irrigation device that dispenses water to combat food debris, dental plaque and bacteria that are deposited between the teeth and on the gums.
Using this type of gadget in your daily oral hygiene habit will significantly improve the health of your mouth. In addition, it is very effective for cleaning braces, dental crowns, implants and bridges.
How to use a dental irrigator?
The dental irrigator should be used before brushing and flossing. The device will manage to release the remains of food so that later, it can be removed favorably using the brush and dental floss.
The operation of the dental irrigator is very simple:
- First of all, you have to connect it to a water source or fill its tank with warm water.
- Second, place the mouthpiece of the device in your mouth.
- Then select the pressure and turn it on. It is recommended that you start at a lower level and gradually increase said pressure.
- The dental irrigator must be attached in such a way that it is separated from the teeth and gums.
- Start with the teeth.
- Direct the stream of water towards the line that the gum draws with the tooth.
- Make sure that the dental irrigator cleans the base of the gums, the external and internal face of the teeth, and all the interdental spaces.
- When finished, turn off the device and empty its water tank.
- Clean the dental irrigator.
Benefits of using a dental irrigator
Knowing the great benefits of using an irrigator is key for you to want to incorporate it into your daily routine.
- It certainly reduces bacterial plaque.
- Prevents cavities and dental tartar.
- Reduces inflammation and bleeding gums.
- Provides an incredible feeling of cleanliness.
- Eliminates bad breath.
- Fights stains on the surface of the teeth.
- Whitens teeth.
- Achieves a complete cleaning in orthodontic treatments, implants, bridges and crowns.
- It is very easy to use.
- Does not take up space.
At Gross Dentistas we carry out professional oral cleanings
In addition to carrying out a correct oral cleaning at home, it is advisable to request a professional oral cleaning at least once a year. In this way, it is possible to eliminate bacteria more effectively and it is essential to prevent serious pathologies in the future.
From our dental clinic in Malaga we hope that this article on the importance of using a dental irrigator has been of interest and has been of great help to you. However, if you want more information regarding this matter or want to request an appointment for any oral treatment… Contact us!
Especialista en implantología y técnica All-on-4. Amplia experiencia en la realización de implantes dentales y otros tratamientos dentales.