Surely in our daily lives, we know of someone who has dental implants or has to have them due to a broken tooth or similar, but do we really know how much an implant costs? This is a very frequent question when we go to the dentist. Another question, as common as it may seem, is: What is a dental implant?
Next we will talk about what dental implants are, their different types depending on the needs of each patient and the prices that can vary.
What is a dental implant?
It could be called an artificial root, which is composed of titanium and which is totally designed for a perfect anchorage to the maxillary bone. It could be called a fixed dental prosthesis.
It is considered suitable for the placement of a dental implant from the age of 18, when all the teeth have settled. It should be taken into account if the patient is taking any type of medication or is undergoing any type of treatment at the time of implant placement.
Parts of a dental implant:
In general terms, it could be said that dental implants have 3 parts that are separated into:
- The dental implant: which is the bone itself and the one that is placed in the maxillary bone.
- The abutment: it is the piece that connects the implant with the crown.
- The crown: it is the imitation of the tooth, it could be said that it is the most esthetic and visible part of the dental implant.
Advantages of dental implants:
Dental implants, have great advantages such as:
- It is a permanent and long-lasting solution.
- It is not uncomfortable.
- They look like natural teeth.
- It hardly requires treatment and aftercare.
- It does not affect the other teeth that are in good condition, but rather the other way around. It helps to have a better placement and positioning.
Once we have learned the basic information about dental implants, let’s talk about the different prices of this type of treatment.
Dental implants prices:
In general, the price of a dental implant is usually the same or similar within the whole Spanish territory. It is usually from 1.000€ to 1.800€ but, this price will go up or down taking into account other factors such as for example:
Experience is a degree and the professional who treats you will have a fee according to his position and reputation. Implantologists usually have great experience so although it will be a little more expensive to go to a reputable professional, you will also be assured of a perfect result.
Dental implant quality
Depending on the quality of the dental implant, the overall price will also vary. There are more than 200 brands to choose from. It is important to choose a high-end dental implant to ensure an adequate result for the patient.
The quality of the crown can greatly affect the placement of the implant as well as the subsequent treatment and its durability.
There are several types of technology when placing a dental implant:
- Guided surgery: this is the one that allows you to plan the intervention by computer and see the final result. It is currently one of the most commonly used.
- Immediate loading: it is the one that allows you to place the crown the same day of the intervention.
- Conscious sedation: it is a treatment for those patients who are more nervous and it is used to perform the intervention without risks and without the patient himself being afraid.
Dentists Gross, your experts in implants
From Dentists Gross we encourage you to take care of your mouth by the hand of the best professionals we have in our clinics. With the placement of an implant you will notice an improvement in the enjoyment of food as well as an aesthetic improvement in your smile.
Contact us if you want more information.
Ortodoncista especializada en el sistema de ortodoncia invisible, extensa trayectoria profesional y un gran número de pacientes satisfechos con los resultados obtenidos tras la finalización de su tratamiento.