I’m sure you’ve heard of cold sore, but what are they really and why do they appear? If you want to know more information, do not hesitate to continue reading this article that will provide you with all the information you need.
What are cold sore?
Cold sores, also known as cold sores, are small fluid-filled blisters that appear on the lips and around the mouth. Although they can be uncomfortable and even painful, lip warmers are not dangerous and usually go away on their own after a week or two.
What is the most common cause of a cold sore?
The main cause of cold sores is herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1), which is transmitted through direct contact with an infected person. HSV-1 remains inactive in the body until it is activated by a trigger factor, such as stress, fever, sun exposure, cold, or menstruation.
What symptoms can be experienced with a cold sore?
Symptoms of cold sores include this type of discomfort:
- Itching or burning: Many people feel itching or burning in the area where the fever will appear before the blisters appear.
- Tingling: Some people may feel a tingling in their lips before the blisters appear.
- Swelling: The affected area may be swollen and tender.
- Blisters: Blisters appear after the initial phase of tingling and itching. Blisters may be small and appear in groups or together.
- Crust: Blisters break and become scabs after a few days. The scabs fall off after a few more days, leaving a pink and scarred area.
- Pain: Blisters can be painful and tender, especially when touched.
- General discomfort: Some people may experience flu-like symptoms, such as fever, headache, muscle pain, or fatigue, before or during the onset of cold sores.
- Eating problems: This can cause problems when eating food, as the food may rub against the lip.
Is there a cure for cold core?
There is no cure for cold sores, but there are treatments that can help relieve symptoms and speed healing. Topical treatments, such as acyclovir cream, can help reduce pain and the duration of cold sores. Oral medications, such as valaciclovir and famciclovir, can reduce healing time and prevent the recurrence of labial fever.
You should never take medication that has not been provided by your doctor or a qualified pharmacist.
In addition to medical treatments, there are some home remedies that can help relieve the symptoms of cold sores. Applying a cold compress to the affected area can help reduce swelling and pain. Salicylic acid cream or a solution of alcohol and hydrogen peroxide may also be applied to dry the labial heats and prevent infection.
One of the most important factors for correctly curing a labial fever is not continuously touching the affected area and taking care of it, as we can introduce new infections and the problem may become more serious.
What can be done to prevent a cold sore?
To prevent cold sores, it is important to avoid direct contact with infected people and take steps to reduce stress and maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is also important to avoid touching cold sore and washing your hands frequently to prevent the virus from spreading.
If you ever have to touch your cold core always do it with clean hands.
We help you with the prevention of your cold core
Because we have the best dentists in Malaga, we can offer the best services in our dental clinic. We can offer many treatments to prevent all kinds of dental problems, both in children and adults. If you want more information about what we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Ortodoncista especializada en el sistema de ortodoncia invisible, extensa trayectoria profesional y un gran número de pacientes satisfechos con los resultados obtenidos tras la finalización de su tratamiento.